Recent Kern’s Bakery News
March 15, 2022
Here’s a closer look into the beautiful art and design behind Zukku Sushi and the amazing sushi creations they will be bringing to Kern’s.
March 10, 2022
With three other locations in popular food halls across the Southeast, Ava’s traditionally-prepared pizzas are a perfect addition to the Kern's lineup.
March 8, 2022
Here's a sneak peek into the realization of Dustin's dream of bringing people together through food - or in this case, monster- sized cookies and milk.
February 3, 2022
Kern's will be the home of something new and different in Knoxville! Take a look at this video from local marketing and branding firm, VellaCrew, highlighting the cool concept that Drop Zone Distilling is bringing to Kern's Food Hall. We can't wait for you to taste moonshine the way it was made years ago.
December 13, 2021
Kern's tenant is a local scoop shop that promises craft ice cream from cow to cone by sourcing from local dairies and farmers.
November 6, 2021
You don’t have to wait until the food hall opens to shop at Mae Lee's Boutique.
September 3, 2021
You're hearing it right from Vicky's mouth that Kern's will be a perfect second location for folks to enjoy their delicious Boba tea while watching an outdoor movie or taking in a show.
August 3, 2021
Local branding and marketing firm, VellaCrew, interviewed Tim Martin in their promotional series “The Making of a Food Hall”. This video takes you on a tour of the historic Kern's Bakery building and documents the exciting plans for this amazing addition to Knoxville.
June 23, 2021
Starting TODAY Myrtle's Bakehouse is now a vendor for the Nourish Knoxville Farmers Markets and will be at Market Square on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
June 5, 2021
Veteran- owned Drop Zone Distilling, uses recipes from great grandfather, Pappy Parton, to create handmade rhum, vodka, whiskey, rye and flavored moonshine.
May 5, 2021
Check-out this amazing story about a decades-old family story led Knoxville native to Kern’s Bakery.
March 23, 2021
Local favorite, Hey Bear Café is opening a second location. Welcome to the Kern’s Bakery’s Food Hall family!
March 23, 2021
Dustin Cochran is launching a new concept called Myrtle's Bakehouse in honor of his grandmother Myrtle.
March 5, 2021
Let’s give to The Donut Theory so they can purchase a vintage food truck and share their awesomeness throughout the greater Knoxville area! Watch their Kickstarter video.
February 24, 2021
Captain Muchacho’s is now on board at Kern’s Bakery Food Hall. We look forward to Duncan’s fabulous Mexican-American cuisine.
January 20, 2021
Awaken Coffee chose Kern’s Bakery for its second location! Their handcrafted coffee, tea and pastries are truly a treat!
January 9, 2021
Stoopid Good Food is a fun comfort food with ahh!mazing taste, texture, and appeal, but under the surface lies a life sustaining food.
January 7, 2021
Delicious donuts are coming to Kern’s Bakery Food Hall thanks to The Donut Theory. We are so excited to announce our most recent retail partner and look forward to seeing our Kern’s family grow alongside baby Josie!
December 21, 2020
We are thrilled to welcome Won Kitchen to the Kern’s Bakery Food Hall! Their Korean Cuisine will be a great addition to our culinary lineup!
December 7, 2020
This beloved food truck concept founded by a pair of brothers will offer its creative sausage cuisine at Kern’s Bakery Food Hall. Knox Wurst is already known and loved by the Knoxville community and we are excited to welcome them to the Kern’s family!
October 5, 2020
Lanai Food Truck Chef Paul Moody and co-owner Ashley Moody bring leadership, authenticity and culinary creativity to the food hall.
August 18, 2020
We are proud to partner with Snap Cutlery®️ who provides eco-friendly 2-in-1 forknife or sporknife combos.
April 24, 2020
Local favorite, Flourish Flower Truck, joins tenant line-up at Kern’s Bakery Food Hall.
March 20, 2020
Stay tuned for exciting announcements of unique eateries and retailers. We’re cooking up something great!
May 30, 2019
A new development team – Mallory & Evans Partners, LLC – has acquired the Kern’s Bakery site in south Knoxville and will reinvigorate the area as a mixed-use redevelopment.
Kern’s Bakery is making headlines.
All items below open third-party websites in a new tab/window.
- Exploring Life & Business with Duncan Trout of Captain Muchacho’s Food Truck
Knoxville Voyager, September 30, 2021
- Donut dynasty: Richy Kreme owner expands reach with partnerships, cookie brand
The Daily Times, Tyler Wombles, July 18, 2021
- City Council resolution paves way for beer in food halls as 2 plan to open in downtown Knoxville
WBIR, Vinay Simlot, July 15, 2021
- South Knoxville affordability highlighted in councilman’s Kern’s Bakery tour
Knoxville News Sentinel, Ali James, June 30, 2021
- Guided By Grandma: How a Decades-Old Family Story Led Me to Kern’s Food Hall
Ashley, Knoxville Moms, April 30, 2021
- Flagship Kerns Opens in South Knoxville
Knoxville Urban Guy, Inside of Knoxville, March 23, 2021
- How the new owner of Richy Kreme Do-Nuts is building a carb empire in East Tennessee
Knoxville News Sentinel, Brenna McDermott, March 22, 2021
- Kern’s Bakery food hall signs more tenants and eyes an open date
Knoxville News Sentinel, Brenna McDermott, February 16, 2021
- Kern’s Bakery developer snags two local, artisan brands for planned food hall
Knoxville News Sentinel, Brenna McDermott, October 5, 2020
- Kern’s Bakery redevelopment inches closer
KnoxTNToday.com, Sandra Clark, May 26, 2020
- Food halls: A world of flavors under one roof
Representative food halls similar to Kern’s Bakery vision
CBS Sunday Morning
- Explore Marietta Market Food Hall
Ed Lee, developer of Marietta Market Food Hall, joining Kern’s Bakery team
- Kern’s Bakery Named Opportunity Zone Redevelopment Achievement
Knoxville News Sentinel, September 17, 2019
- Opportunity Zone Redevelopment Achievement
GlobeSt.com, Ingrid Tunberg, September 09, 2019
- InterFace Panelists Predict More Variety, Less Food for Future Mixed-Use Projects
REBusinessOnline, Alex Patton, August, 29, 2019
- OZ Redevelopment Plans for Historic Bakery Site Unveiled
Globest.com, Tanya Sterling, July 23, 2019
- Kern’s Bakery development’s ‘food hall’ concept part of a national trend
Knoxville News Sentinel, Brenna McDermott, July 3, 2019
- Historic Tennessee Site Slated for 16-acre Redevelopment
Real Assets Adviser, Institutional Real Estate, Inc., May 31, 2019
- Wondering About Kern’s Bakery’s Future? We Got a Sneak Peak
WVLT News, CBS 8, May 31, 2019
- Mallory & Evans Partners Acquires Site Within Knoxville Opportunity Zone
REBusinessOnline, Alex Tostado, May 31, 2019
- New Ownership Bring New Plans and New Life to the Kern’s Bakery Site
Inside of Knoxville, Knoxville Urban Guy, May 31, 2019
- New developer now planning for future of Kern’s Bakery site in South Knox
WBIR-TV, NBC 10 News, May 31, 2019
- Historic Tennessee Site Slated for 16-acre Redevelopment
Institute for Real Estate Operating Companies, May 30, 2019
- SoKno: Kern’s Bakery Version 3—Phase One with Changes
KnoxViews, May 30, 2019
- South Knox project Kern’s Bakery has new plans for multifamily, retail and food
Knoxville News Sentinel, Brenna McDermott, May 30, 2019
Stay connected with Kern’s Bakery
Stay up to date on events, milestones and changes taking place at Kern’s Bakery.