A slice of pride for the community
Situated on Chapman Highway in the New South Waterfront District, minutes from downtown Knoxville and the University of Tennessee, Kern’s Bakery is an extension of downtown and the future of South Knoxville’s growth. Now recognized as a “Boutique Market” as defined by Urban Land Institute, Knoxville is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s top places to live and the heart and soul of East Tennessee. Knoxville’s most attractive features include affordable housing, low healthcare costs, low crime rate, pleasant climate and close proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Over 8,900 businesses and nearly 153,900 daytime employees are within a 15-minute radius of Kern’s Bakery
- Regal Cinema employs more than 400 people at its headquarters located within a five-minute walk to Kern’s Bakery Food Hall
- Nearly 170,000 people reside within a 15-minute drive of Kern’s Bakery
- 44,000 cars travel the Henley Street Bridge daily
- Access to I-40 within 5 minutes
- UT enrolls nearly 28,000 students with $1.5 billion redevelopment underway
- Walking distance to over 700 apartment homes, UT Campus, downtown, parks and Knoxville’s Urban Wilderness
The city is amid a long-term, publicly-funded improvement strategy for the 750-acre area fronting the three-mile shoreline of the Tennessee River
* Best places to live out of the 125 most populated areas in the country.
Identified as a “College Town”, Knoxville is characterized by:
- Want new experiences and seek out variety and adventure
- Prefer bike/pedestrian-friendly environments
- Seek environmentally-friendly products and vehicles that get good gas mileage
- Are influenced by celebrity endorsements and trends in magazines
- Feel anything that can be done online is easier than in person
- Use computers/notebooks/cell phones for all aspects of life including shopping, school work, news, social media, bill-pay, music, job searches and entertainment
- Make time in busy schedules for socializing and sports including movies, hiking, pilates and frisbee
Historic Kern’s Bakery is located within one of Knoxville’s two Opportunity Zones as defined by the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and also qualifies for both historic and federal tax credits. California-based Ozone Capital Management, LLC invested in the multi-family project alongside operating partner, FSRE IV, with the goal of stimulating economic activity, creating jobs and spurring the revitalization of surrounding sites. Historic and Federal Tax Credits provide financial incentives for the redevelopment of Kern’s Bakery, a catalyst for organic growth and revitalization of surrounding sites.
Stay connected with Kern’s Bakery
Stay up to date on events, milestones and changes taking place at Kern’s Bakery.